About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Brian Calloway on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- GBBound on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Writer pegs Langford among top Heisman candidates
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- Former Spartan Draymond Green named to USA Select Team
- ESPN: MSU football has two of top 25 games from 2013
- Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- Shilique Calhoun named to Paul Hornung Award watch list
- ESPN tabs Izzo as third-best coach
- MSU hockey: Josh Jacobs taken by Devils in 2nd round of NHL draft
Tag Archives: women’s basketball
Tweet EAST LANSING — Madison Williams was frustrated after one of the early days of practices when Michigan State women’s basketball coach Suzy Merchant pulled her aside for a film session. The star of the film: former Baylor star and … Continue reading
The Big Ten women’s basketball schedule was released this afternoon. Three of Michigan State’s first four Big Ten games are on the road this season. MSU faces Penn State, Purdue, Michigan, Indiana, Iowa and Northwestern just once in the regular … Continue reading
Michigan State¬† women’s basketball signee Tori Jankoska has reeled in the postseason accolades this week. The Freeland High School senior was named Michigan’s Miss Basketball on Monday afternoon and has added a couple more awards this morning. Jankoska was named … Continue reading
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. – Follow along with updates here as the Michigan State women’s basketball team takes on Michigan for the third time this season tonight. MSU hasn’t lost two straight to Michigan since losing on Jan. 25, 2001 and … Continue reading
The MSU women’s basketball team takes on Wisconsin at 2 p.m. today (Big Ten Network) with a first-round bye for the Big Ten Tournament on the line. With a win the Spartans will finish as the No. 3 or No. … Continue reading
Here’s the weekly look at the Big Ten men’s and women’s basketball power rankings.
Here is the latest installment of the Big Ten weekly men’s and women’s basketball power rankings
Here’s a look at the weekly power rankings for Big Ten men’s and women’s basketball as we in the middle stages of the conference schedule. MEN 1. Indiana (20-2, 8-1)¬† – Hot-shooting Hoosiers earned home victory over Michigan in showdown … Continue reading
The MSU women’s basketball team will begin what Suzy Merchant calls the “February fight” with tonight’s game against rival Michigan.
It’s game day for both the Michigan State men’s and women’s basketball teams. MSU’s men host Illinois at 7 p.m. (ESPN) at Breslin Center, while the Spartan women take on Northwestern at Welsh-Ryan Arena at 8 p.m. (WJIM 1240-AM).