About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Brian Calloway on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- GBBound on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Writer pegs Langford among top Heisman candidates
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- MSU football: Shilique Calhoun tabbed as Big Ten player to watch
- Former Spartan Draymond Green named to USA Select Team
- ESPN: MSU football has two of top 25 games from 2013
- Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- Shilique Calhoun named to Paul Hornung Award watch list
- ESPN tabs Izzo as third-best coach
Tag Archives: Tom Izzo
Tweet EAST LANSING — Tom Izzo isn’t a fan of the Big Ten schedule getting started before January. He’s also very wary of what lies ahead for the Spartans in the early stages of the conference season.
Michigan State will be a part of a tripleheader of basketball at Madison Square Garden the day before the Super Bowl. MSU announced Thursday afternoon that it will play Georgetown at 3 p.m. on Feb. 1 in an event being … Continue reading
It’s game day for both the Michigan State men’s and women’s basketball teams. MSU’s men host Illinois at 7 p.m. (ESPN) at Breslin Center, while the Spartan women take on Northwestern at Welsh-Ryan Arena at 8 p.m. (WJIM 1240-AM).
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas/happy holiday. And now on for the big news of the day. Tom Izzo and Michigan State players were caught by surprise with sophomore backup guard Brandan Kearney’s decision to leave the Spartan basketball program.
The Michigan State men’s basketball team arrived in Germany in the middle of the night as they get set to open their season against UConn at the Ramstein Air Base. Columnist Graham Couch will be heading overseas later today and … Continue reading
Tom Izzo and the Michigan State basketball program are still in search of their first recruit in the 2013 class. The Spartans missed a chance to get their class started Thursday when consensus top-10 prospect James Young committed to Kentucky … Continue reading
It’s that time of year where the winter sports are starting to get going. Tuesday was a busy day with football interviews, men’s basketball media day, hockey announcing its captains and the Spartan football team receiving a commitment. Here’s a … Continue reading