About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- kirk conner on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Jim from Okemos on MSU women’s basketball: Incoming recruit Gussert hoping to finish prep career at Breslin
- Spartan Alum on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Brian Calloway on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- MSU basketball: A requiem for a season – and time – lost
- Draymond Green making impact for surging Warriors
- Knicks sign Shannon Brown for remainder of season
- MSU recruit Deyonta Davis helps Muskegon advance to Breslin Center
- Disappointing finish to add to drive for MSU recruit Lexi Gussert
- MSU women’s hoops recruit helps Forest Park reach Class D title game
Tag Archives: Tom Izzo
Tweet EAST LANSING — Tom Izzo isn’t a fan of the Big Ten schedule getting started before January. He’s also very wary of what lies ahead for the Spartans in the early stages of the conference season.
Michigan State will be a part of a tripleheader of basketball at Madison Square Garden the day before the Super Bowl. MSU announced Thursday afternoon that it will play Georgetown at 3 p.m. on Feb. 1 in an event being … Continue reading
It’s game day for both the Michigan State men’s and women’s basketball teams. MSU’s men host Illinois at 7 p.m. (ESPN) at Breslin Center, while the Spartan women take on Northwestern at Welsh-Ryan Arena at 8 p.m. (WJIM 1240-AM).
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas/happy holiday. And now on for the big news of the day. Tom Izzo and Michigan State players were caught by surprise with sophomore backup guard Brandan Kearney’s decision to leave the Spartan basketball program.
The Michigan State men’s basketball team arrived in Germany in the middle of the night as they get set to open their season against UConn at the Ramstein Air Base. Columnist Graham Couch will be heading overseas later today and … Continue reading
Tom Izzo and the Michigan State basketball program are still in search of their first recruit in the 2013 class. The Spartans missed a chance to get their class started Thursday when consensus top-10 prospect James Young committed to Kentucky … Continue reading
It’s that time of year where the winter sports are starting to get going. Tuesday was a busy day with football interviews, men’s basketball media day, hockey announcing its captains and the Spartan football team receiving a commitment. Here’s a … Continue reading