About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- jerseyjohn on BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Jmac on BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Jmac on Bennie Fowler not thinking about a possible sixth season right now
- dmbtierney on MSU football: National championship game not out of picture for Spartans?
- Jmac on MSU football: National championship game not out of picture for Spartans?
- MSU football opponent Q and A: Ohio State
- MSU football: Spartans near completion of 2013 redemption tour
- BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Bennie Fowler not thinking about a possible sixth season right now
- Spartans in the NFL Week 13: Bell has strong game before getting hurt
- Dennard, Calhoun lead MSU’s All-Big Ten selections
- Week 14 Big Ten football power poll
Tag Archives: hockey
Will Yanakeff made back-to-back starts in net for the first time since November. The Michigan State junior capitalized on the opportunity and was named the CCHA Goaltender of the Week on Monday after stopping 76 of 79 shots over the … Continue reading
For the first time this season, the Michigan State hockey team has won back-to-back games. The Spartans recorded a 1-0 CCHA victory over Alaska late Friday night at the Carlson Center as Greg Wolfe’s first period score made the difference.
The MSU hockey team has a home and home series against Ferris State this weekend. Tonight’s game at Munn can be watched on Fox Sports Detroit at 7:30.
Lansing native Anthony Clemmons had a couple of chances to help the Hawkeyes force overtime with Michigan State on Thursday night. He missed a potential game-tying 3 at the buzzer and split a pair of free throws in the final … Continue reading
Tom Izzo and the Michigan State basketball program are still in search of their first recruit in the 2013 class. The Spartans missed a chance to get their class started Thursday when consensus top-10 prospect James Young committed to Kentucky … Continue reading
The puck drops tonight as the MSU hockey team opens its season with an exhibition contest against Windsor tonight at Munn Ice Arena. There’s football news this morning as wide receiver Aaron Burbridge was selected the Big Ten Freshman of … Continue reading
Another busy sports weekend is upon us. We have a full slate of college football games on Saturday, the usual NFL games (at least the Lions won’t lose or give up a TD on special teams) and playoff baseball with … Continue reading
The NHL is in another labor dispute, but hockey season is set to begin for Michigan State. The Spartans have a home exhibition game against Windsor on Monday night before opening their season next weekend at Minnesota. The opening home … Continue reading
Here is a quick break from football talk. I was able to catch up with several former MSU Spartan hockey players today at Spartan Pro Camp at Munn. The camp runs the rest of the week if anyone wants to … Continue reading