About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- kirk conner on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Jim from Okemos on MSU women’s basketball: Incoming recruit Gussert hoping to finish prep career at Breslin
- Spartan Alum on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Brian Calloway on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Randolph helps Grizzlies finish regular season strong
- Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- MSU basketball: A requiem for a season – and time – lost
- Draymond Green making impact for surging Warriors
- Knicks sign Shannon Brown for remainder of season
- MSU recruit Deyonta Davis helps Muskegon advance to Breslin Center
- Disappointing finish to add to drive for MSU recruit Lexi Gussert
Tag Archives: football
Linebacker Chris Frey from Columbus (Ohio) Upper Arlington High School is one of two players from Michigan State’s 2014 recruiting class already enrolled. Here’s a little bit of what the linebacker had to say on signing day Wednesday.
We caught up with George Blaha for a story over the weekend in our Countdown to the Roses series where he revealed this would be his first time calling the Rose Bowl. Here’s more from our interview with Blaha where … Continue reading
Michigan State senior defensive back Darqueze Dennard is a finalist for another national award. Dennard was named one of three finalists for the Jim Thorpe Award on Monday, which annually goes to the nation’s top defensive back. The other finalists … Continue reading
Tweet In this week’s Q and A, we talk with Dustin Dopirak, who covers Indiana football for the Bloomington Herald-Times. MSU faces the Hoosiers at noon Saturday in its Big Ten home opener.
Tweet Bill O’Brien got an up close look at Brian Hoyer from his days as an assistant with the New England Patriots. And the current Penn State coach isn’t surprised to see the 27-year old Hoyer now finding success in … Continue reading
Tweet Michigan State (1-0) takes on South Florida (0-1) at noon Saturday (ESPNU). Adam Fenstra, who covers the Bulls for South Florida’s student paper, The Oracle, provides us with more insight in this question and answer session.
EAST LANSING — Dylan Chmura entered camp as a freshman with a chance to make an impact this season at a wide open tight end position. Whether that will happen or not remains to be seen, but Michigan State co-offensive … Continue reading
Incoming freshman Trey Kilgore joins the logjam at wide receiver when he arrives on campus this weekend. The three-star recruit from Cincinnati St. Xavier talks about how he’s prepared for his arrival to East Lansing, fitting in at receiver and … Continue reading
Incoming Michigan State freshman defensive tackle Devyn Salmon is scheduled to arrive on campus today as he begins preparations for his first season. We caught up with the Plant City, Fla., native for a quick interview as he gets ready … Continue reading
A major renovation to the north end zone area of Spartan Stadium is expected to be approved later this month. And the pending project has helped a little on the recruiting trail, MSU football coach Mark Dantonio said when asked … Continue reading