About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- huskerdave on Spartan Shadows: Prelude to the Big Ten Championship Game (final update: 8:07)
- jerseyjohn on BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Jmac on BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Jmac on Bennie Fowler not thinking about a possible sixth season right now
- dmbtierney on MSU football: National championship game not out of picture for Spartans?
- MSU football: Big Ten title, Rose Bowl another step in Dantonio’s process
- Commitment to ground game pays off for Spartans
- Spartan Shadows: Prelude to the Big Ten Championship Game (final update: 8:07)
- MSU football opponent Q and A: Ohio State
- MSU football: Spartans near completion of 2013 redemption tour
- BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Bennie Fowler not thinking about a possible sixth season right now
Category Archives: Uncategorized
EAST LANSING — The Michigan State women’s basketball team dropped two spots in this week’s Associated Press poll after a 2-1 start to the season. MSU garnered 241 points and is ranked No. 21 in an AP poll that features … Continue reading
Michigan State has jumped into the top 25 of the major college football polls just ahead of its rivalry tilt with Michigan.
EAST LANSING — Mark Dantonio has reached his quarterback decision and he wants everyone on board. Shortly after the Michigan State football coach named senior Andrew Maxwell as his starting quarterback for the season opener against Western Michigan (8 p.m, … Continue reading
The Michigan State football team is starting the season just outside the top 25 in both of the major college polls. The Spartans received the most votes of teams outside the top 25 in the Associated Press poll, which was … Continue reading
EAST LANSING — Michigan State is scheduled to be one of the stops for ESPNâ€™s College GameDay this winter. ESPN will have its college basketball show on campus Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014, in advance of the Spartansâ€™ home game against … Continue reading
Mark Dantonio spoke highly of freshman kicker Michael Geiger early in the week. The freshman kicker continued to make a strong impression Saturday.
Former basketball star Morris Peterson, football player and coach Henry Bullough, hockey players Ryan Miller and Kip Miller and volleyball standout Jenna Wrobel are part of a five-member class that will be inducted into Michigan State’s Athletic Hall of Fame … Continue reading
Here’s looking at some remarks from Big Ten coaches during the conference’s annual media days on Wednesday.
Solari took a look at former Michigan State baseball players and their paths to the majors in his piece last month about the challenges the minors have presented to some of them. Two of the players he mentioned as bright … Continue reading
Former Michigan State All-American Matt Harmon is one of two former Spartans that will be in the field for this week’s U.S. Open Championship at Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, Pa.