About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- jerseyjohn on BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Jmac on BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Jmac on Bennie Fowler not thinking about a possible sixth season right now
- dmbtierney on MSU football: National championship game not out of picture for Spartans?
- Jmac on MSU football: National championship game not out of picture for Spartans?
- MSU football opponent Q and A: Ohio State
- MSU football: Spartans near completion of 2013 redemption tour
- BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Bennie Fowler not thinking about a possible sixth season right now
- Spartans in the NFL Week 13: Bell has strong game before getting hurt
- Dennard, Calhoun lead MSU’s All-Big Ten selections
- Week 14 Big Ten football power poll
Category Archives: Players
Tweet It’s likely to be one of many preseason accolades for MSU senior Adreian Payne, but one of the bibles of college basketball has named him among the best in the game.
Mark Dantonio announced Michigan State’s captains Wednesday night via Twitter. By that time, Andrew Maxwell knew he wouldn’t be one – a year after the quarterback’s teammates voted him into the leadership position as a junior.
Catching up with former Michigan State golfer Laura Kueny, who earned her first professional victory earlier this month at the Symetra Classic at Raintree Country Club in Charlotte, N.C. Her win has helped her rank seventh on the the LPGA … Continue reading
Adreian Payne said, “I was never 100 percent what I should do.” To which, MSU coach Tom Izzo quickly replied, “I thought you were really, really close when I left.” Izzo felt Payne was heading to the NBA when he … Continue reading
Ohio recruits concluded the regular season while the playoffs were in full swing for Michigan and Wisconsin recruits over the weekend. Here is a look at how Michigan State’s verbal commits fared in games this weekend.
It’s that time of year where the winter sports are starting to get going. Tuesday was a busy day with football interviews, men’s basketball media day, hockey announcing its captains and the Spartan football team receiving a commitment. Here’s a … Continue reading
Former Michigan State basketball stars Mateen Cleaves and Steve Smith and football standout Percy Snow are nominees to join the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame. The trio, along with sports broadcaster and East Lansing native Jim Brandstatter, has a chance … Continue reading
Here is taking a look at how some of MSU’s verbally committed prospects fared in what was the opening week of the high school football season.
MSU elected its football captains today. No surprises here: Senior LB Chris Norman, junior LB Max Bullough and QB Andrew Maxwell received the majority of votes from their teammates, with a fourth spot toÂ rotate throughout the season as the Spartans … Continue reading
Quietly Nick Hill put together one of the best seasons in school history as well as in the Big Ten in kickoff returns with 999 yards. Now the sophomore from Chelsea appears to be the front runner to replace Keshawn … Continue reading