About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Brian Calloway on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- GBBound on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Writer pegs Langford among top Heisman candidates
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- Former Spartan Draymond Green named to USA Select Team
- ESPN: MSU football has two of top 25 games from 2013
- Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- Shilique Calhoun named to Paul Hornung Award watch list
- ESPN tabs Izzo as third-best coach
- MSU hockey: Josh Jacobs taken by Devils in 2nd round of NHL draft
Category Archives: Players
Tweet I caught up with MSU athletic director Mark Hollis on Monday and asked him about how successful the school year has been for Spartan athletics. He gave a very personal overview of what he felt was really important. Earlier … Continue reading
Tweet It’s likely to be one of many preseason accolades for MSU senior Adreian Payne, but one of the bibles of college basketball has named him among the best in the game.
Mark Dantonio announced Michigan State’s captains Wednesday night via Twitter. By that time, Andrew Maxwell knew he wouldn’t be one – a year after the quarterback’s teammates voted him into the leadership position as a junior.
Catching up with former Michigan State golfer Laura Kueny, who earned her first professional victory earlier this month at the Symetra Classic at Raintree Country Club in Charlotte, N.C. Her win has helped her rank seventh on the the LPGA … Continue reading
Adreian Payne said, “I was never 100 percent what I should do.” To which, MSU coach Tom Izzo quickly replied, “I thought you were really, really close when I left.” Izzo felt Payne was heading to the NBA when he … Continue reading
Ohio recruits concluded the regular season while the playoffs were in full swing for Michigan and Wisconsin recruits over the weekend. Here is a look at how Michigan State’s verbal commits fared in games this weekend.
It’s that time of year where the winter sports are starting to get going. Tuesday was a busy day with football interviews, men’s basketball media day, hockey announcing its captains and the Spartan football team receiving a commitment. Here’s a … Continue reading
Former Michigan State basketball stars Mateen Cleaves and Steve Smith and football standout Percy Snow are nominees to join the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame. The trio, along with sports broadcaster and East Lansing native Jim Brandstatter, has a chance … Continue reading
Here is taking a look at how some of MSU’s verbally committed prospects fared in what was the opening week of the high school football season.
MSU elected its football captains today. No surprises here: Senior LB Chris Norman, junior LB Max Bullough and QB Andrew Maxwell received the majority of votes from their teammates, with a fourth spot to¬†rotate throughout the season as the Spartans … Continue reading