About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- kirk conner on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Jim from Okemos on MSU women’s basketball: Incoming recruit Gussert hoping to finish prep career at Breslin
- Spartan Alum on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Brian Calloway on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- MSU lands 2015 QB from Arizona
- Randolph helps Grizzlies finish regular season strong
- Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- MSU basketball: A requiem for a season – and time – lost
- Draymond Green making impact for surging Warriors
- Knicks sign Shannon Brown for remainder of season
- MSU recruit Deyonta Davis helps Muskegon advance to Breslin Center
Category Archives: NCAA Tournament
“I never questioned where this team could be. I questioned whether we’d run out of time, and we still may.” – Tom Izzo on March 17, four days before MSU’s NCAA tournament opener Time expired Sunday for Michigan State, one … Continue reading
Talked to MSU baseball coach Jake Boss a little bit ago. Rather, I got him riled up on an otherwise relaxing Memorial Day when I informed him that the Spartans were the first team left out of the NCAA tournament.
Michigan State’s baseball season is officially over, and the ending couldn’t have been more painful to hear.
Baseball has always been a game in which numbers govern, dictate and are discussed. And there are no bigger mathematicians this weekend than Michigan State’s coaches and players.
Here at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. It’s halftime of the matinee, with Louisville leading Oregon 45-31. MSU and Duke will begin the main event shortly afterward, around 9:45 p.m.
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski expressed a ton of respect for Tom Izzo and Michigan State’s basketball program. So much so that he turned his Thursday afternoon Sweet 16 press conference into a roast of sorts.
COLLEGE PARK, Md. – Suzy Merchant wanted to leave College Park with at least one victory. And with her 96-year old great uncle Patrick Phillips in attendance, Merchant coached the No. 5 seed Michigan State women’s basketball team to a … Continue reading
MSU and Memphis get underway here at The Palace of Auburn Hills momentarily. And here is a quick primer.
Michigan State will begin the NCAA Tournament close to home. The Spartans are a No. 3 seed and will face Valparaiso at The Palace of Auburn Hills in a Midwest Region second-round game at 12:15 p.m. Thursday on CBS. MSU … Continue reading
Tom Izzo’s Michigan State basketball team will find out its NCAA Tournament fate later this afternoon. They’ll gather together at Breslin Center to learn their destination and opponent. And there will be plenty of hugging and celebration with the Spartans’16th … Continue reading