About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Brian Calloway on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- GBBound on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Writer pegs Langford among top Heisman candidates
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- Former Spartan Draymond Green named to USA Select Team
- ESPN: MSU football has two of top 25 games from 2013
- Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- Shilique Calhoun named to Paul Hornung Award watch list
- ESPN tabs Izzo as third-best coach
- MSU hockey: Josh Jacobs taken by Devils in 2nd round of NHL draft
Category Archives: NCAA Tournament
Tweet I caught up with MSU athletic director Mark Hollis on Monday and asked him about how successful the school year has been for Spartan athletics. He gave a very personal overview of what he felt was really important. Earlier … Continue reading
Tweet In Tuesday’s edition of the LSJ, colleague Chris Solari has a story detailing the successful year this has been for Michigan State athletics. With that in mind, hereâ€™s a look at some of the top moments in competition from … Continue reading
“I never questioned where this team could be. I questioned whether we’d run out of time, and we still may.” – Tom Izzo on March 17, four days before MSU’s NCAA tournament opener Time expired Sunday for Michigan State, one … Continue reading
Talked to MSU baseball coach Jake Boss a little bit ago. Rather, I got him riled up on an otherwise relaxing Memorial Day when I informed him that the Spartans were the first team left out of the NCAA tournament.
Michigan State’s baseball season is officially over, and the ending couldn’t have been more painful to hear.
Baseball has always been a game in which numbers govern, dictate and are discussed. And there are no bigger mathematicians this weekend than Michigan State’s coaches and players.
Here at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. It’s halftime of the matinee, with Louisville leading Oregon 45-31. MSU and Duke will begin the main event shortly afterward, around 9:45 p.m.
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski expressed a ton of respect for Tom Izzo and Michigan State’s basketball program. So much so that he turned his Thursday afternoon Sweet 16 press conference into a roast of sorts.
COLLEGE PARK, Md. â€“ Suzy Merchant Âwanted to leave College Park with at least one victory. And with her 96-year old great uncle Patrick Phillips in attendance, Merchant coached the No. 5 seed Michigan State womenâ€™s basketball team to a … Continue reading
MSU and Memphis get underway here at The Palace of Auburn Hills momentarily. And here is a quick primer.