About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Fred Jones on MSU in good shape in NCAA’s latest APR report
- Ghost of Biggie on MSU in good shape in NCAA’s latest APR report
- LeeBee on MSU in good shape in NCAA’s latest APR report
- MSU Owns Beilein on MSU in good shape in NCAA’s latest APR report
- Spartan 81 on MSU in good shape in NCAA’s latest APR report
- MSU in good shape in NCAA’s latest APR report
- Catching up with former MSU golfer Matt Harmon
- Bell, Powers, Rohl named MSU’s Alderton winners
- Dantonio talks stadium project, QBs, Riley Bullough
- Hollis on night game vs. U-M: ‘There’s always a possibility’
- Adreian Payne attending USA training camp
- Phil Steele gives MSU defense high marks in projections
Category Archives: Michigan State
Talked to MSU baseball coach Jake Boss a little bit ago. Rather, I got him riled up on an otherwise relaxing Memorial Day when I informed him that the Spartans were the first team left out of the NCAA tournament.
Michigan State’s baseball season is officially over, and the ending couldn’t have been more painful to hear.
Baseball has always been a game in which numbers govern, dictate and are discussed. And there are no bigger mathematicians this weekend than Michigan State’s coaches and players.
The Spartans throttled Penn State 16-1 on Thursday in their series opener, and the two teams meet again at 2:05 p.m. today. It remains clear for MSU that a sweep gets it into the Big Ten Tournament, thanks in part … Continue reading
EAST LANSING — Mark Dantonio provided some insight into the foundations of his Michigan State football program to a group of business professionals Thursday. Many of the same ideals he stressed to them applied to the recent situation with 2013 … Continue reading
MSU’s baseball team sits in seventh place and could miss the Big Ten Tournament for the first time since 2010. However, the Spartans also could finish as high as third in the conference, and a sweep at Penn State this … Continue reading
Gary Harris is returning to Michigan State for his sophomore season. MSU announced the Fisher, Ind., natives’ decision this afternoon in a press release. Harris, a 6-foot-4 guard, was the Big Ten freshman of the year after averaging 12.9 points … Continue reading
Today, Michigan State freshman Cam Gibson gets to experience his first taste of playing rival Michigan at McLane Stadium. And his father, Kirk, gave him some advice for what to expect come first pitch at 3:05 p.m.
Here at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. It’s halftime of the matinee, with Louisville leading Oregon 45-31. MSU and Duke will begin the main event shortly afterward, around 9:45 p.m.
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski expressed a ton of respect for Tom Izzo and Michigan State’s basketball program. So much so that he turned his Thursday afternoon Sweet 16 press conference into a roast of sorts.