About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- kirk conner on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Jim from Okemos on MSU women’s basketball: Incoming recruit Gussert hoping to finish prep career at Breslin
- Spartan Alum on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Brian Calloway on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- MSU lands 2015 QB from Arizona
- Randolph helps Grizzlies finish regular season strong
- Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- MSU basketball: A requiem for a season – and time – lost
- Draymond Green making impact for surging Warriors
- Knicks sign Shannon Brown for remainder of season
- MSU recruit Deyonta Davis helps Muskegon advance to Breslin Center
Category Archives: Men’s Basketball
Tweet Shannon Brown has found a home for the remainder of the season. The former Michigan State star was signed to a deal by the New York Knicks on Thursday, giving him stability for the rest of the season.
Tweet Draymond Green has found himself on the court more of late with the injuries to Golden State’s frontcourt players. The former Michigan State standout made the most of those extra minutes with the best performance of his career in … Continue reading
Tweet All Kalin Lucas can do is sit and watch for the time being. The Iowa Energy guard and former Michigan State standout is currently in the recovery process after breaking his thumb during a NBA D-League game against Tulsa … Continue reading
Tweet The Brooklyn Nets have been one of the NBA’s hottest teams since the calendar flipped to 2014. Former Michigan State standout Alan Anderson has played a role in Brooklyn’s recent surge.
EAST LANSING — Keith Appling clutched at his legs. Adreian Payne ran gingerly up and down the court. They were experiencing senior moments … in more ways than one. Their prime-time performances through both pressure and pain are the reason … Continue reading
Tweet EAST LANSING — Adreian Payne’s career day helped save Michigan State against Columbia on Friday. The Michigan State senior forward was honored by the Big Ten today for his role in that win and a victory over top-ranked Kentucky … Continue reading
Tom Izzo believes the big game experience of his two newest recruits is something that can help his program maintain its same level of success.
Today is the LSJ’s annual MSU basketball preview section, covering both the men’s and women’s teams. All last week and this week, I’ve been giving you some added player-by-player insight into the Spartans’ men’s team here on Spartan Shadows as … Continue reading
I’ve gone through the names you know from the Spartans’ roster. Now, let’s take a look at four players outside the spotlight who are unheralded-yet-key components of MSU’s program – Dan Chapman, recently granted a scholarship by coach Tom Izzo, … Continue reading
All last week and leading up to Friday’s MSU season opener against McNeese State, I’m breaking down every scholarship player on the Spartans’ roster. (Previous player primers listed below after the jump) Next up on the numerical list is No. … Continue reading