About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Spartan 81 on MSU baseball: Spartans’ NCAA tournament hopes still have a pulse
- Return2Glory on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- LeeBee on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- Spartan 81 on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- MSU Owns Beilein on MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- MSU baseball: Spartans’ NCAA tournament hopes still have a pulse
- Juwan Caesar leaves MSU football team
- Q and A with MSU women’s hoops recruit Jasmine Lumpkin
- Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- MSU football: Dantonio on Jay “DatBull” Harris, bowls, Riley Bullough
- MSU baseball: A look at the final weekend of the Big Ten race
Category Archives: Mark Dantonio
EAST LANSING — Mark Dantonio provided some insight into the foundations of his Michigan State football program to a group of business professionals Thursday. Many of the same ideals he stressed to them applied to the recent situation with 2013 … Continue reading
Waited until it became a little more official, but the Jim Bollman hire makes plenty of sense for Michigan State’s football team.
For the second time in three seasons, MSU will have a new offensive coordinator. The school confirmed that Dan Roushar has agreed to become the new running backs coach for the New Orleans Saints.
Ron Burton has been hired as Michigan State’s new defensive line coach. The school announced the hiring in a release on Friday afternoon. Burton, who spent the past 10 seasons at Air Force, replaces Ted Gill. MSU opted to not … Continue reading
Alley-oops were just a bit off, and they all looked a little older, a little slower, a little bigger. But Friday night’s MSU basketball alumni game brought out sheer joy among all 6,500 fans and the players who attended the … Continue reading
It’s been confirmed that Magic Johnson won’t be able to make Friday’s alumni game, but there will be plenty of star power in the MSU men’s basketball alumni game at Jenison Field House.
Another player verbally committed to Michigan State won a state championship over the weekend, while two others moved a step closer. Shane Jones, a 2013 linebacker commit to the Spartans, led Cincinnati Moeller to a state championship on Saturday night. … Continue reading
Generally, pre-bowl game teleconferences a few hours after the pairings are announced yield very little information of substance. But one interesting tidbit to come out of the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl call tonight is that MSU coach Mark Dantonio and … Continue reading
All season, fans have clamored for DeAnthony Arnett to see the field and wondered why the Tennessee transfer isn’t part of MSU’s offense. Tuesday night, he finally broke his two-month silence.
In getting ready to take his MSU basketball team overseas to open its season, Tom Izzo expressed plenty of opinions about football today – on referees, close games, young teams and fan apathy by students.