About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Brian Calloway on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- GBBound on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Writer pegs Langford among top Heisman candidates
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- Former Spartan Draymond Green named to USA Select Team
- ESPN: MSU football has two of top 25 games from 2013
- Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- Shilique Calhoun named to Paul Hornung Award watch list
- ESPN tabs Izzo as third-best coach
- MSU hockey: Josh Jacobs taken by Devils in 2nd round of NHL draft
Category Archives: Ice Hockey
Incoming Michigan State freshman Josh Jacobs was selected in the second round of the NHL draft by the New Jersey Devils on Saturday morning, the only future Spartans to be drafted. New Jersey took the 6-foot-1 3/4, 193-pound defenseman with … Continue reading
Tom Anastos walked into the interview room in a bleary daze. His momentary silence spoke volumes, as did his self-restrained delivery when he started talking. Both the words that came out of his mouth next and the message which they … Continue reading
Ron Mason was selected to join the United State Hockey Hall of Fame today. The former Michigan State coach and athletic director was one of five selected to this year’s Hall of Fame class by USA Hockey.
OXFORD, Ohio — Last-place Michigan Stateâ€™s run in the CCHA Playoffs came up just short of a surprising trip to Detroit.
OXFORD, Ohio — For the second weekend in a row, Michigan State’s hockey team will be spending Sunday night fighting for its postseason life.
Derrick Nix is playing possessed basketball, backing down Ohio State defenders for 10 first-half points. MSU leads the Buckeyes 29-28 at halftime in the Big Ten Tournament semifinals – and the matinee in a big Saturday for MSU sports.
OXFORD, Ohio Michigan State’s hockey team is one win away from a shocking trip to Detroit.
Michigan State survived a frantic final three minutes to hang on for the 4-3 upset victory over Alaska in the CCHA Playoffs on Sunday night/Monday morning in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Michigan State’s hockey team will play a season-deciding Game 3 on Sunday at Alaska after a 4-1 defeat on Saturday night/early Sunday morning at Carlson Center in Fairbanks.
Freshman center Matt DeBlouw scored 3:02 into overtime as Michigan State’s hockey team defeated Alaska 2-1 in the opener of its first-round CCHA Playoffs series early Saturday morning at Fairbanks, Alaska.