About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Spartan 81 on MSU baseball: Spartans’ NCAA tournament hopes still have a pulse
- Return2Glory on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- LeeBee on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- Spartan 81 on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- MSU Owns Beilein on MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- MSU baseball: Spartans’ NCAA tournament hopes still have a pulse
- Juwan Caesar leaves MSU football team
- Q and A with MSU women’s hoops recruit Jasmine Lumpkin
- Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- MSU football: Dantonio on Jay “DatBull” Harris, bowls, Riley Bullough
- MSU baseball: A look at the final weekend of the Big Ten race
Category Archives: Ice Hockey
OXFORD, Ohio — Last-place Michigan Stateâ€™s run in the CCHA Playoffs came up just short of a surprising trip to Detroit.
OXFORD, Ohio — For the second weekend in a row, Michigan State’s hockey team will be spending Sunday night fighting for its postseason life.
Derrick Nix is playing possessed basketball, backing down Ohio State defenders for 10 first-half points. MSU leads the Buckeyes 29-28 at halftime in the Big Ten Tournament semifinals – and the matinee in a big Saturday for MSU sports.
OXFORD, Ohio Michigan State’s hockey team is one win away from a shocking trip to Detroit.
Michigan State survived a frantic final three minutes to hang on for the 4-3 upset victory over Alaska in the CCHA Playoffs on Sunday night/Monday morning in Fairbanks, Alaska.
Michigan State’s hockey team will play a season-deciding Game 3 on Sunday at Alaska after a 4-1 defeat on Saturday night/early Sunday morning at Carlson Center in Fairbanks.
Freshman center Matt DeBlouw scored 3:02 into overtime as Michigan State’s hockey team defeated Alaska 2-1 in the opener of its first-round CCHA Playoffs series early Saturday morning at Fairbanks, Alaska.
Will Yanakeff made back-to-back starts in net for the first time since November. The Michigan State junior capitalized on the opportunity and was named the CCHA Goaltender of the Week on Monday after stopping 76 of 79 shots over the … Continue reading
Michigan State will be trying to rebound from the loss to Indiana when it travels to face No. 18 Ohio State at 4 p.m. today. (CBS)
For the first time this season, the Michigan State hockey team has won back-to-back games. The Spartans recorded a 1-0 CCHA victory over Alaska late Friday night at the Carlson Center as Greg Wolfeâ€™s first period score made the difference.