About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Brian Calloway on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- GBBound on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Writer pegs Langford among top Heisman candidates
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- Former Spartan Draymond Green named to USA Select Team
- ESPN: MSU football has two of top 25 games from 2013
- Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- Shilique Calhoun named to Paul Hornung Award watch list
- ESPN tabs Izzo as third-best coach
- MSU hockey: Josh Jacobs taken by Devils in 2nd round of NHL draft
Category Archives: Big Ten Conference
Tweet I caught up with MSU athletic director Mark Hollis on Monday and asked him about how successful the school year has been for Spartan athletics. He gave a very personal overview of what he felt was really important. Earlier … Continue reading
“I never questioned where this team could be. I questioned whether we’d run out of time, and we still may.” – Tom Izzo on March 17, four days before MSU’s NCAA tournament opener Time expired Sunday for Michigan State, one … Continue reading
Mark Dantonio’s and his MSU football staff are getting raises.
Tom Anastos walked into the interview room in a bleary daze. His momentary silence spoke volumes, as did his self-restrained delivery when he started talking. Both the words that came out of his mouth next and the message which they … Continue reading
LOS ANGELES â€“ My flight back to Detroit and â€¦ well, donâ€™t tell me what Iâ€™m coming back to weather-wise â€¦ leaves in a few hours. Yet more than 24 hours after Michigan Stateâ€™s Rose Bowl victory over Stanford on … Continue reading
Tweet EAST LANSING — Tom Izzo isn’t a fan of the Big Ten schedule getting started before January. He’s also very wary of what lies ahead for the Spartans in the early stages of the conference season.
So much to do between now and Jan. 1. Arranging travel, organizing schedules, keeping up with injuries and awards. Then there’s covering all the other sports going on outside of football – a top-5 men’s hoops team, a volleyball team … Continue reading
Tweet Michigan State knew it would be in a BCS game about 24 hours ago when it beat Ohio State for the Big Ten championship. Mark Dantonio spent the rest of the evening celebrating in the lobby of the team … Continue reading
Tweet 11:17 a.m., MICHIGAN-INDIANA BORDER â€“ Itâ€™s cold. Very cold. Thankfully, there have been merely a few flurries in the air and not the blizzard-like conditions of the past 36 hours. Regardless, Team GreenAndWhite.com – Brian Calloway, Graham Couch, photographer … Continue reading
Tweet In this week’s opponent question and answer, we talk with Zack Meisel of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Michigan State faces Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship Game at 8:17 p.m. Saturday at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.