Here is the latest installment of the Big Ten weekly men’s and women’s basketball power rankingsMEN
1. Indiana (21-3, 9-2) – Lost at the buzzer to Illinois on the road but bounced back with double-digit road victory over Ohio State on Sunday. Hoosiers only have the edge over MSU because they won head-to-head meeting between the teams
2. Michigan State (20-4, 9-2) – Is it really a surprise that Tom Izzo has the Spartans right at the top of the Big Ten once again. Spartans are tied for first in conference with Indiana after wins over Minnesota and at Purdue. The performance against Purdue was one of their best of season
3. Michigan (21-3, 8-3) – Wolverines went 1-1 in tough week, earning overtime win over Ohio State and then falling in overtime at Wisconsin on Saturday. Have final game of tough stretch tonight against MSU.
4. Wisconsin (17-7, 8-3) – Badgers picked up big win over Michigan in OT and is in a third-place tie in Big Ten. Also earned double OT win over Iowa
5. Ohio State (17-6, 7-4) – Dropped games to Michigan and Indiana in tough week
6. Illinois (17-8, 4-7) – Illini had big week with wins over pair of ranked teams. Followed upset of Indiana with win over Minnesota
7. Minnesota (17-7, 5-6) – Gophers went winless on week, falling to MSU on the road and then Illinois. Minnesota has dropped six of eight
8. Iowa (15-9, 4-7) – Hawkeyes fell to Wisconsin in two overtimes and then posted win over Northwestern
9. Purdue (12-12, 5-6) – Boilers topped Penn State but fell at home to MSU
10. Northwestern (13-11, 4-7) – Wildcats dropped contest to Iowa in lone game of week
11. Nebraska (12-12, 3-8) – Beat Penn State in lone game of the week. Two of its three conference wins have come over the Nittany Lions
12. Penn State (8-15, 0-11) – Still in search of first conference wins after losses to Nebraska and Purdue
1. Penn State (20-3, 10-1) – Nittany Lions posted wins over Indiana and MSU and goot some additional help to gain a little breathing room in the Big Ten
2. Nebraska (18-6, 8-3) – Huskers are the hottest team in the Big Ten with six straight victories. Posted road wins over Northwestern and Iowa last week by a combined six points.
3. Purdue (18-5, 7-3) – Boilermakers fell to Michigan at home in lone game of the week and have dropped two straight for the first time this season
4. MSU (18-5, 6-4) – Spartans fell to Penn State in lone game of the week
5. Michigan (18-6, 7-4) – Wolverines picked up big road win over Purdue on Sunday and also earned home win over Illinois on Thursday.
6. Illinois (14-9, 7-4) – Illini earned a split on the week, falling to Michigan by three on the road and then bouncing back to top Minnesota
7. Minnesota (15-10, 4-7) – Gophers topped Iowa at home but then fell to Illinois.
8. Iowa (16-9, 5-6) – Hawkeyes have dropped four straight, which included setbacks to Minnesota and Nebraska last week
9. Ohio State (14-10, 4-7) - Buckeyes have won three straight, which included wins over Wisconsin in double overtime and at Northwestern
10. Wisconsin (11-13, 3-8) – Badgers fell to Ohio State in double OT, but rebounded with win over Indiana
11. Northwestern (11-13, 3-8) – Wildcats have dropped three of four and fell to Nebraska and Ohio State
12. Indiana (10-14, 1-10) – Hoosiers have dropped nine straight and fell to Penn State and Wisconsin last week