Here’s a look at the weekly power rankings for Big Ten men’s and women’s basketball as we in the middle stages of the conference schedule.
1. Indiana (20-2, 8-1) – Hot-shooting Hoosiers earned home victory over Michigan in showdown Saturday and also beat Purdue. A tough road lies ahead over final month of regular season for Indiana with road games at MSU, Michigan and Ohio State
2. Michigan (20-2, 7-2) – Wolverines knocked off Northwestern at home but then fell to Indiana at road. Their tough stretch continues with games vs. Ohio State and at Wisconsin and at MSU over next eight days.
3. MSU (18-4, 7-2) – Spartans used strong second half to top Illinois in lone game last week. MSU gets a chance to avenge conference-opening loss to Minnesota on Wednesday and then travels to Purdue
4. Ohio State (18-4, 7-2) – Buckeyes have won four straight, which included a home win over Wisconsin and a victory at Nebraska last week. Buckeyes play at Michigan today and host Indiana on Sunday
5. Wisconsin (15-7, 6-3) – Badgers have dropped three of five since road win over Indiana on Jan. 15. They dropped road contest at Ohio State but beat Illinois at home last week.
6. Minnesota (17-5, 5-4) – Gophers ended four-game skid by posting victories over Nebraska and Iowa last week
7. Northwestern (13-10, 4-6) – Wildcats earned a split for the week, bouncing back from lopsided loss to Michigan to post 15-point home win over Purdue.
8. Purdue (11-11, 4-5) -Boilers have dropped two straight and three of last four. Purdue suffered double-digit losses to Indiana and at Northwestern last week
9. Iowa (14-8, 3-6) – Hawkeyes have dropped three of four. Iowa beat Penn State but fell on the road to Minnesota on Super Sunday
10. Illinois (15-8, 2-7) – Illini have dropped six of seven since win over Ohio State in early January. Illinois suffered losses at MSU and at home to Wisconsin.
11. Nebraska (11-12, 2-8) – Cornhuskers have dropped three of four and fell to Minnesota and Ohio State last week
12. Penn State (8-13, 0-9) – Nittany Lions dropped road game to Iowa in lone game last week
1. Penn State (18-3, 8-1) – Despite loss to Wisconsin, still the Big Ten’s best and proved it with win over Purdue on Monday
2. Purdue (18-4, 7-2) – Boilers beat Indiana but fell on the road to Penn State on Monday night in matchup of top two teams in league
3. Nebraska (16-6, 6-3) – Cornhuskers have league-best four-game winning streak and beat Ohio State and Minnesota last week
4. MSU (18-4, 6-3) – Spartans ended two-game losing streak with wins over Northwestern and at home against Michigan on Monday. MSU has won 12 straight over its rival
5. Illinois (13-8, 6-3) – Illini have won three straight, which includes wins over Iowa and Wisconsin last week
6. Iowa (16-7, 5-4) – Hawkeyes jumped into top 25 last week but then dropped games to Illinois on the road and at home against Northwestern
7. Michigan (16-6, 5-4) – Slide continues for Wolverines, who have dropped four of five. That include double-digit losses to Minnesota and MSU.
8. Minnesota (14-9, 3-6) – Gophers topped Michigan at home but fell on road to Nebraska
9. Northwestern (11-11, 3-6) – Bounced back from home loss to MSU by knocking off Iowa on the road
10. Wisconsin (10-12, 2-7) – Badgers upset Penn State at home and then lost to Illinois at home
11. Ohio State (12-10, 2-7) – Buckeyes bounced back from home loss to Nebraska to beat the Hoosiers on the road.
12. Indiana (10-12, 1-8) – Hoosiers have Big Ten-worst seven-game losing streak. Indiana suffered losses to Purdue and Ohio State last week