The third installment of the weekly Big Ten basketball power rankings are listed below.
Also the LSJ digital team has come up with an interactive thumbs up and thumbs down for Big Ten basketball coaches.
1. Michigan (17-1, 4-1) – Wolverines went on the road to pull off big victory over Minnesota
2. Indiana (16-2, 4-1) – Hoosiers fell at home to Wisconsin and then had to hang on for a road victory over Northwestern
3. MSU (16-3, 5-1) – Spartans have quietly won five straight, including earning a critical home victory over Ohio State on Saturday.
4. Minnesota (15-3, 3-2) – Dropped home contest to Michigan in lone game
5. Wisconsin (13-5, 4-1) – So far the Badgers have been one of the biggest surprises in the Big Ten. Went on the road to knock off Indiana and then were edged on the road by Iowa
6. Ohio State (13-4, 3-2) – Fell to MSU on the road in lone game of the week
7. Iowa (13-5, 2-3) – Upset Wisconsin at home in lone game of the week
8. Purdue (10-8, 3-2) – Had perfect week, earning road win over Nebraska and then knocked off West Virginia by 27 at home
9. Northwestern (11-8, 2-4) – Earned home win over Illinois before falling to Indiana
10. Illinois (14-5, 1-4) – Fading fast and have dropped five of seven, including a setback to Northwestern on Thursday
11. Nebraska (10-9, 1-5) – Posted road victory over Penn State
12. Penn State (8-10, 0-6) – Dropped home games to MSU and Nebraska to remain winless in conference play
1. Penn State (15-2, 5-0) – Last remaining unbeaten in conference play after knocking off Michigan on the road on Monday. Also earned 44-point win over Wisconsin
2. Michigan (15-3, 4-1) – Played tight contest against with Penn State before the Nittany Lions pulled away late. Posted home win over Northwestern .
3. MSU (16-2, 4-1) – Went 2-0 on the week with a home win over Iowa and road victory over Indiana.
4. Purdue (15-3, 4-1) – Boilermakers earned home win over Minnesota before being upset on the road by Iowa
5. Iowa (14-5, 3-2) – Bounced back from setback to MSU, with home victory over Purdue. The win was the 600th of Hawkeye coach Lisa Bluder’s coaching career.
6. Nebraska (13-6, 3-3) – Bounced back from 10-point home loss to Illinois with 21-point win over Minnesota
7. Minnesota (13-6, 2-3) – Gophers suffered losses to Purdue and Nebraska
8. Illinois (10-8, 3-3) – Beat Nebraska on the road but then suffered home loss to Northwestern
9. Northwestern (9-9, 1-4) – Wildcats dropped home game to Michigan and then beat Illinois on the road
10.Wisconsin (9-10, 1-5) – Beat Ohio State by 19 at home after losing by 44 on the road to Penn State
11. Ohio State (11-8, 1-5) – Buckeyes’ struggles have been one of biggest surprises in Big Ten. Suffered 19-point road loss at Wisconsin after beating Indiana by 23 at home
12. Indiana (10-8, 1-4) – Dropped games to Ohio State and MSU