About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Return2Glory on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- LeeBee on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- Spartan 81 on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- MSU Owns Beilein on MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- jimb on MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- Juwan Caesar leaves MSU football team
- Q and A with MSU women’s hoops recruit Jasmine Lumpkin
- Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- MSU football: Dantonio on Jay “DatBull” Harris, bowls, Riley Bullough
- MSU baseball: A look at the final weekend of the Big Ten race
- MSU gets Nebraska, Purdue in cross-division games in 2014
Author Archives: Chris Solari
The Spartans throttled Penn State 16-1 on Thursday in their series opener, and the two teams meet again at 2:05 p.m. today. It remains clear for MSU that a sweep gets it into the Big Ten Tournament, thanks in part … Continue reading
EAST LANSING — Mark Dantonio provided some insight into the foundations of his Michigan State football program to a group of business professionals Thursday. Many of the same ideals he stressed to them applied to the recent situation with 2013 … Continue reading
MSU’s baseball team sits in seventh place and could miss the Big Ten Tournament for the first time since 2010. However, the Spartans also could finish as high as third in the conference, and a sweep at Penn State this … Continue reading
Adreian Payne said, “I was never 100 percent what I should do.” To which, MSU coach Tom Izzo quickly replied, “I thought you were really, really close when I left.” Izzo felt Payne was heading to the NBA when he … Continue reading
Today, Michigan State freshman Cam Gibson gets to experience his first taste of playing rival Michigan at McLane Stadium. And his father, Kirk, gave him some advice for what to expect come first pitch at 3:05 p.m.
Here at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. It’s halftime of the matinee, with Louisville leading Oregon 45-31. MSU and Duke will begin the main event shortly afterward, around 9:45 p.m.
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski expressed a ton of respect for Tom Izzo and Michigan State’s basketball program. So much so that he turned his Thursday afternoon Sweet 16 press conference into a roast of sorts.
MSU and Memphis get underway here at The Palace of Auburn Hills momentarily. And here is a quick primer.
OXFORD, Ohio — Last-place Michigan Stateâ€™s run in the CCHA Playoffs came up just short of a surprising trip to Detroit.
Tom Izzo’s Michigan State basketball team will find out its NCAA Tournament fate later this afternoon. They’ll gather together at Breslin Center to learn their destination and opponent. And there will be plenty of hugging and celebration with the Spartans’16th … Continue reading