About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Brian Calloway on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- GBBound on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Writer pegs Langford among top Heisman candidates
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- Former Spartan Draymond Green named to USA Select Team
- ESPN: MSU football has two of top 25 games from 2013
- Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- Shilique Calhoun named to Paul Hornung Award watch list
- ESPN tabs Izzo as third-best coach
- MSU hockey: Josh Jacobs taken by Devils in 2nd round of NHL draft
Monthly Archives: February 2013
First Minnesota knocks off No. 1 Indiana, which wasn’t a complete surprise. Then Penn State beats No. 4 Michigan – perhaps the biggest shock of the season.
Will Yanakeff made back-to-back starts in net for the first time since November. The Michigan State junior capitalized on the opportunity and was named the CCHA Goaltender of the Week on Monday after stopping 76 of 79 shots over the … Continue reading
The weekly basketball polls are out and Michigan State has dropped five spots in both. The Spartans moved from No. 4 to No. 9 in the Associated Press poll and from No. 5 to No. 10 in the coaches poll, … Continue reading
Michigan State will be trying to rebound from the loss to Indiana when it travels to face No. 18 Ohio State at 4 p.m. today. (CBS)
For the first time this season, the Michigan State hockey team has won back-to-back games. The Spartans recorded a 1-0 CCHA victory over Alaska late Friday night at the Carlson Center as Greg Wolfeâ€™s first period score made the difference.
The Michigan State women’s basketball program has become a model of consistency. It started under Joanne P. McCallie and has carried over with what Suzy Merchant has done with the program over the past six seasons.
The Michigan State women’s basketball team will try to earn its 20th win when it hosts Northwestern at 7 tonight at Breslin Center.
The Big Ten has been the best conference in college basketball all season. The conference has had three teams in the top 10 of the Associated Press poll a majority of the season and has featured the No. 1 team … Continue reading
EAST LANSING â€“ Magic Johnson expects tonightâ€™s matchup between No. 4-ranked Michigan State and No. 1 Indiana will be a dogfight. And the Lansing native and former MSU star is excited to be part of the matchup as a commentator … Continue reading
We’re 90 minutes from tipoff for the Big Ten’s latest showdown – No. 4 Michigan State vs. No. 1 Indiana. The Hoosiers haven’t won at Breslin since Feb. 28, 1991 when they posted a 62-56 victory. MSU hasn’t lost at … Continue reading