About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Return2Glory on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- LeeBee on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- Spartan 81 on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- MSU Owns Beilein on MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- jimb on MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- Juwan Caesar leaves MSU football team
- Q and A with MSU women’s hoops recruit Jasmine Lumpkin
- Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- MSU football: Dantonio on Jay “DatBull” Harris, bowls, Riley Bullough
- MSU baseball: A look at the final weekend of the Big Ten race
- MSU gets Nebraska, Purdue in cross-division games in 2014
Monthly Archives: January 2013
It’s game day for both the Michigan State men’s and women’s basketball teams. MSU’s men host Illinois at 7 p.m. (ESPN) at Breslin Center, while the Spartan women take on Northwestern at Welsh-Ryan Arena at 8 p.m. (WJIM 1240-AM).
Here is the fourth installment of the weekly Big Ten basketball power rankings.
In a week that featured a narrow road win over Wisconsin and a road loss to Indiana, the Michigan State men’s basketball team didn’t lose any ground in this week’s polls.
Keith Appling’s foul with a little more than five minutes left proved to be Michigan State’s eventual undoing. However, Sunday’s 75-70 loss to Indiana should go down as one of the more entertaining Spartan basketball games in years.
Follow along here as the No. 25-ranked Michigan State women’s basketball team faces No. 15 Purdue at 4 p.m at Breslin Center. The game can also be viewed on ESPN2.
MSU announced this evening that defensive line coach Ted Gill will not return for the 2013 season. “Ted Gill’s contract runs through March 31, 2013, and will not be renewed,” MSU coach Mark Dantonio said in a release. “He has … Continue reading
We’re less than two weeks away from national signing day for college football prospects. Big Ten college football analyst Gerry DiNardo has taken to Twitter with his take on some of the incoming MSU football recruits.
Former Michigan State player and assistant coach Dan Enos has been given an contract extension by Central Michigan After leading the Chippewas to a bowl game this past season, Enos received a four-year contract extension today from CMU athletic director … Continue reading
As their success has continued to mount this season, the question constantly posed to Michigan State women’s basketball teams players was whether they deserved to be ranked. MSU junior guard Klarissa Bell thought so in early January and then after … Continue reading
Adreian Payne is emerging as a dominant force inside. Branden Dawson is starting to round into the form he displayed in the late stages of his freshman season.