About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- kirk conner on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Jim from Okemos on MSU women’s basketball: Incoming recruit Gussert hoping to finish prep career at Breslin
- Spartan Alum on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Brian Calloway on Former Spartan Draymond Green makes most of extra playing time
- Randolph helps Grizzlies finish regular season strong
- Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- MSU basketball: A requiem for a season – and time – lost
- Draymond Green making impact for surging Warriors
- Knicks sign Shannon Brown for remainder of season
- MSU recruit Deyonta Davis helps Muskegon advance to Breslin Center
- Disappointing finish to add to drive for MSU recruit Lexi Gussert
Monthly Archives: December 2012
Much of the hype surrounding the Big Ten through the first couple months of the season has centered around Michigan and Indiana. Indiana opened the season as the No. 1 team in the nation and spent several weeks there, while … Continue reading
The Michigan State women’s basketball team concludes its non-conference schedule against Temple this afternoon. The Spartans will try to run their record to 12-1 before they begin Big Ten play with games against Minnesota and Penn State next week. Today’s … Continue reading
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas/happy holiday. And now on for the big news of the day. Tom Izzo and Michigan State players were caught by surprise with sophomore backup guard Brandan Kearney’s decision to leave the Spartan basketball program.
Brian and I are finally using up the remnants of our vacation, but I wanted to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and joyous New Year.
He told reporters that he was sold on becoming a Spartan until recently, and Jabari Parker decided that Duke would be the place for him to play college basketball.
Tom Izzo has significant mission this afternoon, and it doesn’t involve Jabari Parker.
Michigan State defensive back Johnny Adams has accepted an invitation to play in the annual Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala. The Senior Bowl, which will be broadcast by the NFL Network at 4 p.m. on Jan. 26, annually features the … Continue reading
Kirk Cousins impressed in his first career start, helping the Washington Redskins remain in the hunt for a NFC East title. Filling in for the injured Robert Griffin III, the former Michigan State quarterback rebounded from a slow start to … Continue reading
Follow along as the Michigan State women’s basketball team attempts to rebound from its first loss of the season. The Spartans are taking on Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne at Jenison Field House. This is the final game this weekend at Jenison … Continue reading
Alley-oops were just a bit off, and they all looked a little older, a little slower, a little bigger. But Friday night’s MSU basketball alumni game brought out sheer joy among all 6,500 fans and the players who attended the … Continue reading