About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Brian Calloway on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- GBBound on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Writer pegs Langford among top Heisman candidates
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- Former Spartan Draymond Green named to USA Select Team
- ESPN: MSU football has two of top 25 games from 2013
- Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- Shilique Calhoun named to Paul Hornung Award watch list
- ESPN tabs Izzo as third-best coach
- MSU hockey: Josh Jacobs taken by Devils in 2nd round of NHL draft
Monthly Archives: November 2012
Another busy weekend is on tap around campus with the MSU men’s and women’s basketball teams being home for a doubleheader and the hockey team having a home weekend series. Here’s a look at what’s ahead.
The Big Ten is in position to win its fourth straight ACC/Big Ten after winning four of the six matchups on Tuesday night. The conference showed its basketball strength, getting big wins by top-ranked Indiana over North Carolina and then … Continue reading
Grand Rapids Christian junior wide receiver Drake Harris was one of the big stories of the Michigan state football finals over the weekend at Ford Field. He delivered a record-setting performance to help Grand Rapids Christian capture the Division 3 … Continue reading
Junior running back Le’Veon Bell highlighted the All-Big Ten selections for the Michigan State football team, being selected to the first team by both the media and coaches Monday. Bell ranks third nationally and first in the Big Ten in … Continue reading
Michigan State junior running back Leâ€™Veon Bell was named the Big Ten offensive player of the week for the third time this season on Monday. Bell shared the weekly honor with Purdue quarterback Robert Marve. Bell, who also was named … Continue reading
Other than the hockey team off, this was clearly one of the busiest weekends in the MSU sports calendar for the season. And despite some trepidation in a few sports, it was also a very successful one. Let’s look at … Continue reading
Brandan Kearney already has a career high and is showing the kind of outside touch MSU is missing without Gary Harris and Travis Trice.
Still without two guard, MSU will face a tough test today against Louisiana-Lafayette.
The Michigan State women’s basketball team will try to move to to 5-0 on the season as it takes on winless Robert Morris at the Breslin Center. Stay here with updates on the game. A little reading to get you … Continue reading
A season that began with lofty expectations and the hopes of reaching the Rose Bowl has now come down to a one-game playoff for the MSU football team. The Spartans are in Minneapolis for a must-win contest today (3:30 pm., … Continue reading