About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- huskerdave on Spartan Shadows: Prelude to the Big Ten Championship Game (final update: 8:07)
- jerseyjohn on BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Jmac on BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Jmac on Bennie Fowler not thinking about a possible sixth season right now
- dmbtierney on MSU football: National championship game not out of picture for Spartans?
- Commitment to ground game pays off for Spartans
- Spartan Shadows: Prelude to the Big Ten Championship Game (final update: 8:07)
- MSU football opponent Q and A: Ohio State
- MSU football: Spartans near completion of 2013 redemption tour
- BTN analysts impressed with MSU’s offensive growth
- Bennie Fowler not thinking about a possible sixth season right now
- Spartans in the NFL Week 13: Bell has strong game before getting hurt
Monthly Archives: September 2012
While many of MSU’s coaches and players could see a play here, a call there that would have changed the outcome of Saturday’s loss to Ohio State,Â William Gholston provided this week’s “Next question” sound bytes.
MSU announced late this morning, hours before kickoff against Ohio State, that athletic director Mark Hollis and his family has donated $1 million for a variety of purposes.
The defense has made a couple big plays in this one to prevent the score from looking any worse for Michigan State at the half. The Spartans have forced two turnovers with the Buckeyes driving to prevent any more scores … Continue reading
Big Ten season is upon us and there is a large College GameDay crowd on campus forÂ today’s main event. Today’s game against Ohio State is an important one for the Spartans. It offers a chance to get off to … Continue reading
It’s a busy weekend around East Lansing. ESPN’s College GameDay is less than 24 hours away from kicking off the MSU-Ohio State festivities. Today,Â MSU’s swim team is holding an outdoor meet at 5 p.m. at IM West. And here are … Continue reading
Former Michigan State basketball stars Mateen Cleaves and Steve Smith and football standout Percy Snow are nominees to join the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame. The trio, along with sports broadcaster and East Lansing native Jim Brandstatter, has a chance … Continue reading
Dion Sims was the subject of out Gameday package prior to the Eastern Michigan game Saturday and then delivered the best performance of his career. He was recognized for his performance with a pair of weekly honors. Sims was selected … Continue reading
As for now, the future games in Michigan State’s series with Notre Dame are still on. Notre Dame made news earlier today when they opted of scheduled games with Michigan in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 seasons. MSU coach Mark … Continue reading
Detroit Cass Tech running back/linebacker Deon Drake became the third commitment in MSU’s 2014 recruiting class on Sunday. Drake chose MSU over Ohio State and Iowa and also had offers from schools like Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Syracuse.
Michigan State junior running back Leâ€™Veon Bell was named the Big Ten Offensive player of the Week on Monday. Bell, who earned the weekly honor for the second time this season, ran for a career-best 253 yards and a touchdown … Continue reading