About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Brian Calloway on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- GBBound on Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- USMCSpartan(ret.) on Writer pegs Langford among top Heisman candidates
- Jim Vander Galien on Seasons winding down for former MSU basketball standouts
- MSU football: Shilique Calhoun tabbed as Big Ten player to watch
- Former Spartan Draymond Green named to USA Select Team
- ESPN: MSU football has two of top 25 games from 2013
- Spartans in the pros: NBA summer league edition
- Q and A with MSU captain Denzel Valentine
- Shilique Calhoun named to Paul Hornung Award watch list
- ESPN tabs Izzo as third-best coach
Monthly Archives: September 2012
While many of MSU’s coaches and players could see a play here, a call there that would have changed the outcome of Saturday’s loss to Ohio State, William Gholston provided this week’s “Next question” sound bytes.
MSU announced late this morning, hours before kickoff against Ohio State, that athletic director Mark Hollis and his family has donated $1 million for a variety of purposes.
The defense has made a couple big plays in this one to prevent the score from looking any worse for Michigan State at the half. The Spartans have forced two turnovers with the Buckeyes driving to prevent any more scores … Continue reading
Big Ten season is upon us and there is a large College GameDay crowd on campus for today’s main event. Today’s game against Ohio State is an important one for the Spartans. It offers a chance to get off to … Continue reading
It’s a busy weekend around East Lansing. ESPN’s College GameDay is less than 24 hours away from kicking off the MSU-Ohio State festivities. Today, MSU’s swim team is holding an outdoor meet at 5 p.m. at IM West. And here are … Continue reading
Former Michigan State basketball stars Mateen Cleaves and Steve Smith and football standout Percy Snow are nominees to join the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame. The trio, along with sports broadcaster and East Lansing native Jim Brandstatter, has a chance … Continue reading
Dion Sims was the subject of out Gameday package prior to the Eastern Michigan game Saturday and then delivered the best performance of his career. He was recognized for his performance with a pair of weekly honors. Sims was selected … Continue reading
As for now, the future games in Michigan State’s series with Notre Dame are still on. Notre Dame made news earlier today when they opted of scheduled games with Michigan in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 seasons. MSU coach Mark … Continue reading
Detroit Cass Tech running back/linebacker Deon Drake became the third commitment in MSU’s 2014 recruiting class on Sunday. Drake chose MSU over Ohio State and Iowa and also had offers from schools like Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Syracuse.
Michigan State junior running back Le’Veon Bell was named the Big Ten Offensive player of the Week on Monday. Bell, who earned the weekly honor for the second time this season, ran for a career-best 253 yards and a touchdown … Continue reading