About this blogChris Solari
Chris Solari has been with LSJ Media since 2006 and has covered Spartan athletics since 1994 while attending MSU. He also was an award-winning writer while covering South Dakota State athletics from 2002-06.Brian Calloway
Brian is a native of Coloma, Mich., and a 2005 graduate of Eastern Michigan. He has worked at the Lansing State Journal since October 2010.
- Spartan 81 on MSU baseball: Spartans’ NCAA tournament hopes still have a pulse
- Return2Glory on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- LeeBee on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- Spartan 81 on Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- MSU Owns Beilein on MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- MSU baseball: Spartans’ NCAA tournament hopes still have a pulse
- Juwan Caesar leaves MSU football team
- Q and A with MSU women’s hoops recruit Jasmine Lumpkin
- Incoming women’s hoops recruit named PARADE All-American
- MSU baseball: Big Ten race update
- MSU football: Dantonio on Jay “DatBull” Harris, bowls, Riley Bullough
- MSU baseball: A look at the final weekend of the Big Ten race
Monthly Archives: August 2012
The season opener is less than 12 hours for MSU and here is a game day edition of this blog.
Less than 36 hours from kickoff of MSU-Boise State, let’s take a minute to look at MSU’s men’s basketball schedule.
It’s that time of year again: the annual LSJ preview of the upcoming Michigan State Â football season. Plus, we caught up this afternoon with offensive coordinator Dan Roushar and defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi (more on that below).
Here we are a mere 3 1/2 days away from kickoff between MSU and Boise State, perhaps one of the longest offseason build-ups to an opening game for the Spartans as I can remember in the past 20 years.
Here is taking a look at how some of MSU’s verbally committed prospects fared in what was the opening week of the high school football season.
It’s officially game week with with five days until MSU opens the season against Boise State at Spartan Stadium. Broncos coach Chris Petersen spoke with the MSU media earlier today in a conference call. He said this is one of … Continue reading
MSU elected its football captains today. No surprises here: Senior LB Chris Norman, junior LB Max Bullough and QB Andrew Maxwell received the majority of votes from their teammates, with a fourth spot toÂ rotate throughout the season as the Spartans … Continue reading
Caught up with Tom Izzo on Wednesday on a variety of topics, one of which is the status of his newest vegetarian Derrick Nix.
Here is a quick break from football talk. I was able to catch up with several former MSU Spartan hockey players today at Spartan Pro Camp at Munn. The camp runs the rest of the week if anyone wants to … Continue reading
Quietly Nick Hill put together one of the best seasons in school history as well as in the Big Ten in kickoff returns with 999 yards. Now the sophomore from Chelsea appears to be the front runner to replace Keshawn … Continue reading